3.16.2010

Ain't got time to die

A few notes about our busy month of March:

  • Dad & Mom are here! We've had a great visit so far; our time has included lovely walks around Bellingham, a delicious bay-side seafood dinner, baking time, a stop at the Pickett House down the road, worshiping together, eating dinner with Grandpa & Grandma Haveman, and seeing the DC concert choir perform in Abbotsford. A side note: It's nice to be pampered once in awhile by my parents. :)
  • I'm really getting into reading books of the Bible, thanks to my husband and small group. I'm learning things about exegesis & hermeneutics I never knew before (including their definitions). I don't remember ever feeling anything besides obligation regarding Bible reading in the past, and now it's exciting to me that I enjoy it and am learning from it.
  • Work is slow (for me) this week due to parent-teacher conferences. I am looking forward to subbing for my friend Laura this week Friday! I'm realizing that I'm getting sick of subbing. I actually don't mind the actual classroom time...that's the fun part. I hate the instability and the not-knowing and getting up early and looking at a screen and having an inner battle each time a job comes up...to click or not to click? I much prefer being pre-assigned to jobs. It makes getting up easier and more rewarding.
  • Ophy is an enjoyable pet. I love having a cat.
  • I'm feeling frustrated with our upcoming concert this weekend. I feel overwhelmed by German and fast-paced gypsy songs. I have not put the work into this repertoire that it deserves, which makes me more miserable about it.
  • Philip's family shows up Thursday, shortly after my parents leave. I love showing off our new apartment and neighborhood. It's rewarding.
  • Happy birthday to my wonderful husband! I love you, Philip!

4 comments:

Justine Teresa said...

i just started enjoying reading the Bible too! i started at Matthew and just read them as books/letters which has really made a difference.

sounds like lots of company!

Philip said...

Yay for a fun (and tiring) week! And for lots of visiting family! Thanks for the birthday wishes :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
De Jongs said...

We enjoyed every minute of our visit as well -- I should have taken more photos -- be sure to send me those you took those first few days that I didn't get, will you?