7.22.2007

help me

family reunion: al, dillan, & i after hiking around devil's lake in wisconsin
the three musketeers: andrea, brittany, & kyla
I'm moving in a week. Change is a tough thing. I'm evaluating my entire life in Sioux Center and realizing that it will never be the same coming back. I wonder if it will always feel like home to me, or if that will change. Maybe I'll have two homes. That would not be a bad thing.
To all those out there who are facing big changes, I feel for you. Uncertainty is scary. But as my mother said this afternoon, without change, we can't grow. I rolled my eyes when she said this. And we both know it's trite. But you know what? Trite means that it's overstated, and that means it's true. And when I look back at the last 5 years of my life, I realize that I have grown a lot. Not without pain and frustration and heartache, but I've survived it. And a dear friend reminded me today that we don't do any of this on our own.
Lord, help me walk
Another mile, just one more mile;
I'm tired of walkin' all alone.
Lord, help me smile
Another smile, just one more smile;
You know I just can't make it on my own.
I never thought I needed help before;
I thought that I could get by - by myself.
Now I know I just can't take it any more.
With a humble heart, on bended knee,
I'm beggin' You, please, help me.
Come down from Your golden
And throne to me, to lowly me;
I need to feel the touch of Your tender hand.
Remove the chains of darkness
Let me see, Lord let me see;
Just where I fit into your master plan.
I never thought I needed help before;
I thought that I could get by - by myself.
Now I know I just can't take it any more.
With a humble heart, on bended knee,
I'm beggin' You, please, help me.

--Johnny Cash

5 comments:

Philip said...

He always seems to be able to say it best.

Nikki said...

it's true. johnny fits all walks of life. you can do it friend, i know you can :)

Anonymous said...

**HUG**
Today, I was looking through my old scrapbook from our band tour to Eastern Europe... It made me happy. It reminded me how much I miss you and will continue to miss you. And until we meet again, my friend, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v349/slightly_87/Dordt%20Band%20Tour%202006/?action=view¤t=DSCF1558.jpg

Margaret said...

Sure! We're going to Victoria until Friday, but we'll be around the following week. Let me know when you're settled in and we'll see what we can do!

Josh said...

hey andrea! so does this mean you're leaving tomorrow (monday?) what time are you taking off? do i have a chance to come over and say goodbye before you go? maybe i'll call you tomorrow if i don't hear from you. if i don't see you...then i'll see you when you return to sc (no matter how different it will be, you WILL return)! :) and have a fabulous trip!