9.09.2007

let it be said of us...that we live to be a blessing

Saturday was a good day.

1. I got 9 hours of sleep.
2. The sun was shining brightly.
3. I talked to my parents on the phone.
4. I had breakfast with a dear new friend who is becoming a surrogate mother to me.
5. My dear friend shared with me information about the Whatcom County Chorale...which I hope to audition for this week sometime.
6. I cleaned the house.
7. I talked to Phil for 2 hours.
8. I did my laundry.
9. I took a short nap.
10. I went to a barbecue with Kerri and met some Bethel people.
11. I held a beagle puppy in my arms for a half hour.


Today is a good day.

1. I got 9 hours of sleep.
2. The sun is shining brightly.
3. I started adult Sunday school this morning and met new people.
4. Alvin and I sang in church and received glowing compliments. I have missed being part of the church in this way.
5. Bethel hosted a "Lunch on the Lawn" where the following happened:
--I talked to my 2nd cousin once removed and discussed various family reunions taking place in the past and future
--I talked with Alvin and Sherry (my "family") about the good old days
--I chatted with the pastor's wife about teaching and various curricula.
--I was invited to join a women's Bible study
--I have dinner plans and evening plans for Thursday night with the Vos'...faculty concert at LC! Go, Broadway!
--I had a discussion with my second cousin once-removed's wife about small towns vs. big cities.

I feel at home in my own church in Sioux Center, but I feel overwhelmingly at home at Bethel here in Lynden. I'm feeling more comfortable living on my own, because I'm realizing that I'm not on my own completely. I always have people to call, and I always have Someone nearby even when I feel alone.

I hope that I can bless others as much as they have blessed me.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That all sounds magnificent and splendid! Hoorah! Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Amen, dear daughter, so let it be.

Anonymous said...

Andrea, I'm so glad everything is working out for you! **HUG** I miss you muchly!

Rachel:) said...

ANdrea, i am really excited for you! sounds like sunday was a really good day!:) Sunny days are the best! have a good week!:)