11.12.2007

in this bittersweet world...

cuddling at mcmenamin's


cardwell hill cellars...family-owned and operated
a bit o' booze
jaz, nick, and andrea at tyee winery
fall colors do exist in the northwest...
Why do I wait so long to post? Now I either have to leave nothing out or leave everything out. Grrr.
In the past few weeks, I have completed my first set of report cards, survived my first parent-teacher conferences, participated in Whatcom County's celebration of the CRC's 150 years, eaten out too many times, drank beer with my boss once, attended a play, and driven through torrential rain and wind in order to visit my dear Nick and Lari (oh, wait! That was just today!)
I think that's the short list.
I am counting down the days until Thanksgiving break. We are currently at 8. Not long. Yet I'm at the point where I'm again realizing that I need to live in the moment, because it's really all I have. Memories are good, but they can't take the place of the present. In our school office, we have a little sign that says, "Today is a gift...that is why it's called the present." And worrying about the future can't change it. I'm trying to enjoy the little moments that make up my days. It's a great idea, but tough to follow through on.
I will end with a list of the excellent movies I watched while cuddling with Nick and Lari this weekend:
1) The Ringer
2) Accepted
3) V for Vendetta
Watch them! They are stupendo!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Hurray for the Now!! I'd say enjoy it while you have it, but do you ever really lose it?
I'd also make a comment about reliving that movie experiance over Christmas break, but that'd be blog PDA, and thats silly.

Margaret said...

Oh yeah, about that lamp . . . . We haven't ordered it yet because we had to make a last minute trip to Winnipeg, and then we couldn't afford the lamp. I'll talk to Scott and let you know when it's on its way.

Nikki said...

thanks for the letter friend - i sent one right back! i hope you have a fantabulous time in cali!