1.10.2010

gifts


this is what i felt like 6 months ago, applying for our marriage license 2 days before our wedding.


now that the ordeal of the wedding is over, i feel much better.

and 6 1/2 months later, i feel incredibly blessed. my husband is cheerful, good-natured, patient, and sweet 98% of the time (don't ask what my percentage is...) i am learning many lessons from him and we're figuring out communication and good attitudes. we love hanging out together; baking, organizing our apartment, sneaking up on the cat together, talking, and watching episodes of the office on netflix. i've learned to not take him for granted, but i learn it more every day.

this week, one of the women from our church lost her husband in a farm accident. he was only a few years older than us; she is left at home with 3 girls 6 and under. i have never met this family from our church, but i cannot fathom what she is going through. i feel so spoiled, taking my husband for granted while she would do anything to go back in time and talk to hers one more time. i can't imagine what i would do if i didn't have philip to come home to, to do things with, to talk to about everything. my heart aches for this woman i've never met. experiencing a beautiful and lifelong relationship with philip makes me mourn this loss with her, even if she has no idea who i am. today, i held my husband tighter and more often, and i pray that this sister in Christ can have the courage to continue her life.


4 comments:

Kendra said...

It makes you recognize how much you really love him, doesn't it? I had a similar experience when I started counseling a woman who was recently widowed.
Happy 6 months, you guys!

De Jongs said...

Keeping her in my prayers and rejoicing with you and Philip in the gift of each other...

Cheryl said...

What a tragedy for that family. Prayers go out to them.

I was blog hopping and thought I'd stop by and say hi. So happy for you on your recent marriage to what sounds like a wonderful man!

Take Care,
With love and hope,
Cheryl
We are nine

being_crazy said...

i like ur personality.. u have a real big heart, and i tell u 1 thng philip is a lucky guy!!