1.05.2010

the worst day...

...actually began yesterday. i'm going to do this in bullet-point since i'm too drained to be very creative.

items contributing to my worst day:
  • receiving 3 text messages from someone i don't know calling me a foul name because i didn't reveal my identity (other than to say they don't know me)
  • drinking a tall mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream at 8:30 p.m., preventing me from sleeping easily.
  • imagining that the aforementioned texter was a creepy serial killer who found out where i lived, further contributing to my inability to sleep
  • hearing "noises" that sealed my inability to sleep
  • getting up at 5:45 only to find no sub jobs for the day
  • calling the eye clinic for the 4th time since Christmas, only to be told "we're still processing your request! we'll call back!" (liars), condemning me to continue wearing my blurry contacts
  • receiving 3 more text messages from a different number, being called more foul names and being threatened. because of my lack of sleep and the above factors, i had a very teary day.
  • verizon's idiotic website which frustrated me to no end whilst i tried to block the offensive texters from my phone.
thank goodness i have a wonderful husband who does things like files harassment reports with the local police department. it's interesting, since philip & i have been together, we've called 911 three times and filed a harassment report. before we were together, such things only happened in movies. hmm.

anyway, i hope to redeem today's downright suckiness by eating some nachos and snuggling with my husband after choir practice tonight. a good tonic, methinks.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So sorry about your day, my friend! Those things sound awful, but I hope you were able to remedy all of that by some good snuggle tmie with your husband (definitely better than the nachos!)

Allison said...

I hate creepy texters!! It's happened to me, too, and when you tell them you don't know them, THEY get rude. WTF. Anyway, glad you have two wonderful beings to cuddle with over there. Love and hugs!!

De Jongs said...

Glad you called that day to talk and praying that such days are few and far between -- lots of love!