6.29.2006

tell me about commitment and i shudder with fear

I feel trapped by my job. Every hour of the day is open for someone to call us, which means one of us always has to be near our apartment. And it sucks. I can't even live for the weekend, because weekends are the busiest. There's nothing worse than waking up in the morning and not being able to have plans to leave the dang apartment. Well, there may be a few things that are worse. Like wearing a wig made out of peanuts in a room of hungry, deranged African elephants.
All I want to do is go away for the weekend....camping, visiting my grandmother, seeing Al, or even just going to my house. And I can't escape. I hate it. I miss the hours I worked for maintenance, because I didn't have to bring my job home with me. Here, my home and my job are synonymous. THERE IS NO ESCAPE. I don't always hate the job, but I hate feeling trapped by something. It's the same way with me and relationships (with guys, friends, and God). I am incapable of committing myself to something without leaving myself an out...an escape.
I just want to be free.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Andrea.

Breathe!

I heart you.

Allison said...

I heart you too, kiddo. I think you should come and visit me ANYWAY, and just leave people with no one to ask their inane questions to.

Paul K said...

so you are saying you arn't coming to my concert at the farmhouse tonight!?!?

*sob*

sometimes, you just have to tell people to bugger off.

Kunnari said...

Andrea- your job is ridiculous. No one can expect you to be on call 24-7. It's not like you're a doctor or something. Boundaries. Who's your boss? Tell them your problem. Could you work it out so that you and Lauralee take shifts or something? So you both could have some free time? Maybe you were just being dramatic, but seriously Dordt shouldn't be demanding that much from you.

sara without an 'h' said...

I agree, Kunnari. Boundaries. I see you learned something in Res Life Psych!

:)