7.03.2006

my happy place



These pictures are from the English department's visit to Willa Cather's homeland last October. I was fascinated by the open spaces (even more desolate and bare than around Sioux Center). The day started out cloudy and turned to rain, which was disappointing at first. But once we reached the actual plot of land that Cather grew up on, the sun came through and pierced the dark clouds just before disappearing over the endless horizon.


The renewal of God's creation swept over me and I was refreshed. It's amazing what 20 minutes of sunshine can do after twelve hours of rain clouds.

7 comments:

Rudy Wellsand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jihad Hernandez said...

I will make it out to Red Cloud. I will make it a pilgrimage.

Philip said...

You have a deleted comment!! bad news! Oh, and I just looked at your profile, its been viewed 666 times!! Ahhhhh!!! I don't feel safe here now, I'm goin to a safer blog.

Justine Teresa said...

i like your happy place. it looks gorgeous....which is something i never thought i'd say about iowa - but it's true!!!

Jihad Hernandez said...

It's actually in Nebraska. Obviously you're not a Willa Cather fan.

Justine Teresa said...

hehehehe. oops. well. nebraska then is beautiful. which, talking about stereotypical nebraska, seems like an oxymoron. and apparently i don't read well enough because i totally missed that you mentioned willa cather.

flurp-boink said...

hot darn those are good pictures...
PS I sent you a message via Lauralee.