7.18.2006

things i love


1. this view of the San Jaoquin Valley
2. inspiring articles juxtaposing life and faith
3. being professional on the telephone
4. orange popsicles
5. Lauralee's "Johnny Cash" dance
6. eating with my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews
7. doing a difficult job well and sweating
8. today's piercing blue sky and the hot sun to go with it
9. raiding my parents' fridge for string cheese and snappy vegetable dip
10. discovering a good book
11. singing songs with a strong harmony
12. my sister's poetic enthusiasm
13. Teresa's birds, Bayliss and Louis, after I give them treats
14. hitting a tennis ball with all my angst and beating Josh out of a point
15. opening my cell phone and seeing the message indicator
16. my month-old sandals which are already worn down and dirty from wear and tear
17. hope
18. my dad's three-minute phone calls
19. my mother's one-hour phone calls followed by another 15-minute phone call
20. pepperoni pizza
21. driving the Green Goblin
22. anything citrus-y
23. meeting friendly older people and sharing a smile with them
24. rubbing a friend's back when she's upset and feeling like I am doing something for her just by being there
25. washing dishes while listening to Bebo Norman
26. getting mail in the workstudy mailbox!!!! woo-hoo!
27. my nephews' dimples
28. my new black shirt with ruffles
29. ice cream with chocolate anything
30. tlc

10 comments:

Amy said...

you got to see bayliss and louis?!?! i'm SO jealous.

so jealous that i think i'm coming to come over there and do something about it. in 12 days.

(EEEKKK!!!!)

Philip said...

Yay! San Joaquin Valley!!! I so miss it. Where exactly is that shot, do you know?

Paul K said...

black shirts? Ruffles? HUZZAH!

Philip said...

So I heard, why should it go to my head? Are you implying something?

Philip said...

Ahem, oh.

Kunnari said...

no way... i too love raiding your parent's fridge! what else are neighbors good for right? But next time don't hog all the veggie dip.

Amy said...

shoot, you figured out my evil plan. ah well, i'm still coming and there's nothing you can do about it.

(insert huge chessy closed tooth cheek to cheek grin).

Amy said...

and that would be cheesy, not chessy. oh sleep, how you evade me?

does that even make sense?

Carolyn said...

what about purple shirts?

Nikki said...

15 days! Behave yourself.