7.22.2006

catching up like we've been apart




















My parents came home yesterday after 2ish weeks in Montana. I was on call last night, so they made supper and brought it to my apartment. Dad and I made popcorn on the stove, which we haven't done since I was maybe seven. My puppy was baffled by the sound of the popping. The results were delicious, by the way. Then today I went grocery shopping with Mom, which I also haven't done for a long time. It has been a good weekend with my parents...I hope I can be mature enough to get along with them when I move back home this semester. I'm guessing the fall will be so full of activity that I won't see them often enough to be annoyed. I hope. Because we'll all be happier if we can just get along.
I watched two movies on my computer today: Nanny McPhee (for the purpose of seeing another Colin Firth movie) and What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, an old Johnny Depp classic. I also spent some time outside taking care of Teresa's plants this morning. It was gorgeous weather! Wowza. And my dog got a bath...you have to understand that this is a less-than-annual thing. She looked skinny and funny when she was wet.
I have officially been cooped up too long in my room. Maybe I should leave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's my math teacher in that photo! No way, could he be....your dad? No way.

Carolyn said...

wow, you're living at home? you're a brave woman...actually, i lived at home for a couple months last semester and thought it would be a disaster and actually it was really refreshing. i just kept in mind that it was probably my last time living with them and it made it all very sentimental and lovely. i'm sure you can handle it, andrea!

Sarah said...

popcorn on the stove - I've never heard of anyone doing that.... but it sounds really good...

do you have a dog in a dorm room? tsk, tsk...

Nikki said...

living at home is usually not so bad. i usually find that i'm on campus so much that i don't have too many issues :)

Allison said...

Post, dangit!