8.01.2006

i'm just sittin' here waiting

One more month to go. I feel like all I do is sit around and wait for something better to happen instead of enjoying the present. I'm ready for work to be done and for the semester to start, but then I'll be frustrated by the amount of work to do. What is the secret to contentment and happiness? I'm stuck in a rut; in a routine that I can't get out of. And I want to break free, but it's so hard to kill old habits. I need to chuck my TV out the window, or at least watch it less. And the whole summer has gone by without me getting things done that I need to get done...like my portfolio that I have not looked at in two years.
On the upside, Lauralee and I started walking late at night for about an hour, after the weather has cooled off a little. It's quite invigorating. I like it.

8 comments:

Paul K said...

Yes... month left... socks

I need to work in the sun less.

Carolyn said...

We're house sitting this summer and they have t-vo. or however you spell it. you know, where you can record anything at any time and she has about a thousand channels so anything you could ever want to watch is always there at your disposal at any time. I similiarly am ready to chuck my tv out the window...

Nathan said...

Hey, if anyone needs some entertainment, I've got a really sharp ax thats just beggin to do some serious tv carnage

Justine Teresa said...

i know exactly how you feel. we should start a support club or something. :) i figured it out at work - 17 more work days + weekends, which don't count because they're weekends and fun.

Jihad Hernandez said...

waiting for life is like Waiting for Godot. Either way you're paying attention to Samuel Beckett.

Philip said...

I'll gonna come steal your cable, thus, problem solved!! It worked for me, quit cold turkey. Cept for an occasional stop by the duplex for some Mythbusting.

Anonymous said...

Hello friend! I leave home in a week for a vacation that ends at Dordt on the night of August 23. Much driving will happen, but I get to see glaciers for the first time! I'm excited. Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing...
Don't forget about our plans of watching Forest Gump this fall! :) I can't wait...
Claire

Anonymous said...

hello there...

andrea, do promise me you'll keep things in check in the theatre dept. i know i can count on you.