8.23.2006

eat fresh

Who knew that Michigan could be fun? I dined on grilled cod, corn on the cob, a squash dish, fresh blackberries, and a wonderful blush wine while sitting around a table full of laughing people in a sprawling beach house.

And I went to a Greek Orthodox wedding and wound up babysitting the bride's adorable cousin while her parents played music during the ceremony. A little Greek dancing and too much pasta later, I found myself relaxing with my sister and her friends. We walked around the beach neighborhood and went to historic downtown Holland (just so I could say I've been there), then ran madly into the crashing waves at the beach (where the red flag waved, shouting to all beach patrons not to test the waters.....ahh, the risks).

Al and I arrived in Chicago at 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning and decided to wander around her old Hyde Park neighborhood. We went to the Point and took tons of pictures of the crashing waves soaking us as we ran near the benches and rocks. The morning was clear and cool, the sun warming us slowly.

What a wonderful weekend. Now I am at home, and working until next Tuesday. And catching up on my education portfolio....has anyone else not touched theirs in two years?

6 comments:

Philip said...

Whats an education portfolio? And what news are you not supposed to know about? Gimma a hint, at least.

Carolyn said...

you were in chicago!!! how fantabulous!

Philip said...

Just a hint, thats all I ask :) No gossip, just a point in the general direction

Nikki said...

yay, i'm glad you had a good weekend :)

Anonymous said...

So, today I saw you ride your bike in the opposite direction of my van when I was arriving into Sioux Center. I said, "Oh, there's Andrea!", but it didn't occur to me soon enough. If I had thought faster, I would have jumped out of the car and tackled you so I could give you a hug. It has been too long. Other hugs just aren't the same. :) Hopefully, I'll see you soon!

Anonymous said...

well, I can't help if my brain works slower than I want it to!!! I thought of tackling you after we were already a block away!
It would just break my heart if I could never get a piggy back ride from you ever again!