7.13.2006

blah

Today is one of those days where time seems to drag on. I was dozing off over noon break, and I woke up to the sound of the ticking clock. And I could hear every second. I felt my boring life dragging on....and then I started humming that wonderful Cash/Carter hit, "It Ain't Me, Babe", to the rhythm of the ticking, which I don't advise. It was really slow.

Lauralee and I got the day off on Tuesday and spent it shopping in Sioux Falls. Fun times were had, and money was spent. Not too much, just the right amount to make a successful day off. Hooray for purple clothes.

Last week, there was no time to be had. Now time is an epidemic. I'm bored out of my mind, and hoping the feeling will only last for a couple of hours rather than the rest of the summer. Do you ever feel like you're going out of your skull? Your nerves are racing and you feel as though something important should be happening but then it's as if nothing important is ever going to happen....EVER. All I want is a little excitement, and then I get all reflective and think, "Well, this is life. This is what it's all about. It's not exciting, it's only something to get through." Then at other times I get way more from life and everything is wonderful and I can't stop smiling at the littlest things.

But today is not one of those days.

9 comments:

Allison said...

Pobrecita. :( I wish you could be here, kiddo . . . when you come visit me next, we'll have to go out for sushi. Yum!! Mom and Dad made it to the M, which impressed me greatly. We had fun. And then they tried sushi tonight, and liked it, which also impressed me. I wish you'd been here to be impressed, too.

I miss my sistur. :(

Margaret said...

Ah mundane life.

Hey, where are you student teaching on the West Coast? I'll be teaching in Abbotsford, B.C. If you're in Washington or B.C., maybe we could hook up sometime.

Paul K said...

Yay! Another crazy person! I think I hang barn curtains in my sleep.

Jihad Hernandez said...

I think I was reading a book somewhere, I think it was Catch-22, where a guy deliberately did boring things and tried to bore himself because he wanted to live forever. And time seems to go way slower when you're bored, so that's why he bored himself. But that's not you.

Anonymous said...

I poke you!!!

Justine Teresa said...

i think i have that feeling when i go to work everyday at my computer. i feel completely useless. and then the bright moments are when someone emails back and actually says "thanks!". hurray!

Jihad Hernandez said...

It was good chacking with you today. Now I have a little piece of auditory Iowa in my cranium.

Kunnari said...

purple!!! erika h. just said yesterday that no one wears purple any more. but she is so wrong. if life gets mundane stop by "the house."

Carolyn said...

i was always under the impression that you wear purple when you're pregnant. so i've always tried to avoid it just to make sure i was not infact carrying a child inside of me...