9.23.2006

the end of an era


Well, I'm done with band forever. Weird. I thought I was done with band forever after high school, but then I ended up playing in community band every summer since and then I joined concert band last year. Last year band made life busy, but good, too. I'm glad I got to go to Europe and meet wonderful people. But I'm glad I played through the POPS concert. Last night was incredibly fun! And the horns actually won the costume contest because of our rockin' costumes!
Last night, the Bean hosted an informal student poetry reading. I read some stuff (not my own), and the atmosphere was fun. The highlight of the night was either when Jeriel taught me to salsa as we shared headphones from his MP3 player, or when Katy, Leesa, and I made up nasty limericks about Dordt men.
Tonight, Comedy League and a party celebrating Laura D's presence (my platypus!) A good weekend, I think.

6 comments:

Jihad Hernandez said...

I have an idea. Let's get married. Then we can both move out of our parents' houses and live in our own tiny house. We can leave the marriage "open" to allow for prince charmings.

Jihad Hernandez said...

p.s. Kickin' Costumes! Which one are you?

Paul K said...

we totally screamed for you when appropriate. My not-that-well-hidden geek approves.

Rachel:) said...

hey doll! you blog makes me miss dordt. Sigh* Glad things are going well! Rad cosurumes!

Anonymous said...

You are the hottest Luke Skywalker ever. Emphasis on the "ever".

Anonymous said...

*tear*