9.30.2006

recent thoughts that have been plaguing my head



random photo from Eurotour....Andrea sandwich!

I've been thinking lately about the transition I'm about to go through. Soon I will really be gone from Sioux Center, the place I've known for my entire life, and thrown into the big lonely world. I'm pretty terrified, but I'm pretending it's not about to happen. Or I'm trying to prepare myself but I'm not sure how. I don't know if I'll make friends or if I'll like the job I get (assuming I get a job) or where I'll get a job or if I'll find a church that I feel welcomed in or if I'll live alone or with someone else. Sometimes I wish I were married or at least dating someone....somehow the transition would be easier if I knew I weren't doing it alone. But maybe I'll end up being braver than the people who have someone to hang onto.

I'm not sure where I fit anymore. I don't belong at home, even though I live there....I spend as little time there as possible. I'm a floater...a drifter. I hope I can find a place that enfolds me and makes me feel the presence of God. A tall order, I know.

Sometimes trust doesn't feel like a big enough word to keep me going.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, reading your blog was like reading my own thoughts, exactly. It was crazy. Sadly, I don't have any advice for you. The GEMS theme this year is "having a thankful heart" in all circumstances. I'm finding that's going to be a good challenge for me. However, if you feel like moving to Sunnyside, I'll be looking for a roommate. :) Can't wait to see you end of October.

Jihad Hernandez said...

Holy crap trust. The sermon at church today was on the fruits of the spirit. And I was explaining to one of my work friends that those are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness and self-control. And that I realized, at this time, I don't have any of them.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm....Andrea sandwich...


*drool*

Rachel:) said...

amen sister!

Josh said...

isn't it weird how all us senior type people have similar thoughts? Ready to be done, but not quite knowing what "done" is going to look like...but you are brave. and you play a mean game of tennis. that's got to amount for something. and the fact that you are still trusting, even if it feels like a tall order...

Allison said...

I want some Andrea sandwich! MUNCHY MUNCHY!

Rachel:) said...

90 degrees! I wish it was that warm here, it is about 70. it is good, i had a confeance today, i got to draw.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks more like a Super Andrea and Hjelle sandwich. ;-)