10.19.2006

tonight's the night

we open tonight. people have asked me if i'm nervous, but i'm not. i have 2 hours of the show to warm up and then i get nervous right before i go onstage. and also when i stand center stage with bright lights bleaching my eyes because then i worry about being distracted by lights and people and forgetting my lines....but then i say "you never can tell. some people are just dumb enough...." and the rest is in the bag. hooray for spending 25 minutes onstage. it's quite fun. all the fun, little hassle. slug me now. don't worry; i'll get what's coming to me.

on tuesday, we had mass choir rehearsal. brad and i tried to belt out our duet over 150 voices. i hope it works tomorrow night.

time to sing. capture the unicorn!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well darling, you were amazing tonight! Bravo and well done!
Those stupid bright lights are distracting though, I sit there for the first few minutes just squinting.
And you were amazing on Tuesday "et expecto..." and I'm sure you will be tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Truly you owned that solo and you're going to do just the same tomorrow night.

Josh said...

bring on the unicorvis! but the band is sadly lacking in it's horn-sound... :(

flurp-boink said...

well how cool are you. What with your fabulousness being displayed in both the play-type thing and the choir-type thing.
Can't wait to see you show your stuff next weekend.
HOORAY

Nikki said...

Yay! I'm glad to see through other comments that the play went well. I'm sorry I couldn't be there! Enjoy Parents' weekend!