6.06.2007

wave goodbye

Today was our last day in CA. Tomorrow afternoon we fly back to Iowa. I feel as though I've been in California for a very long time, and I like it. Phil and I hit up three wineries today and tasted about 15 wines. Interestingly, the worker at one of the wineries was born in LeMars. Hmm.

Then we bought fudge in Columbia, a little historical gold mining town.

Then we went to a Van Dyken cousins shin-dig and ate and watched a video and hot-tubbed and jumped in the debris-filled albeit nice pool.

I'm not ready to go back yet.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

say hello, wave goodbye...
love you, friend, and I understand the not wanting to leave-ness. :)

Unknown said...

mmm fudge and wine. I envy you.

Have fun going back to Iowa.

When do you move to Washington?

Unknown said...

come to phoenix!!! there are lots of pools here...

Rachel:) said...

hey girl, did you know i am back in Iowa, right outside of rock valley

Jihad Hernandez said...

you shall see me when I own my own house.

Nikki said...

Yes ma'am, I made it home. Safely, yes. Exhausted as well. It was a long trip and I'm not a fan of red-eye flights combined with 5.5 hour layovers...
Campers come tomorrow....eek! I'm trying to get ready for them and do some job searching and still just take a break. It's going well so far. You'll be gone next weekend? I seem to remember that's the case, since I'll be in Sioux Center next weekend....