3.28.2006

happy of the day

Amusing story. Today I was sitting in the Grille talking about how full my Groupwise storage always is and how I have to delete important messages in order to have enough space in my mailbox. Amy told me I should delete my "Sent" messages, because they take up a lot of space. I didn't realize that "Sent" messages took up room. I thought, "Ok, I've never deleted my sent messages in the five years I have had a Groupwise account. I bet that would give me more room!"

So tonight, in avoidance of my homework, I began deleting some of my sent messages. I did twenty at a time (clicking each box individually), reading through a few I thought would be amusing (they were). Rosh and Lynnea came to talk to me, and Lynnea showed me how to select a whole page at a time. So I began deleting 200 at a time, using the mass-click method.

I'm not making a dent. I'm still in messages from December 2005.

Along comes Amy, who laughs at me as I'm deleting 200 puny messages at a time. She shows me how to open Groupwise Messenger and delete the ENTIRE folder at once. So I delete the whole folder, and we laugh at my incompetence. Then we see the number of messages in the trash.

There were 4,086.

We went into convulsions, and then went for a 10-minute walk while the trash purged itself. I think I need to start writing letters.

6 comments:

Amy said...

i don't think i'm going to stop laughing until the middle of next week. :)

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Josh said...

I also find humor in your deleting mayham. Can you not detect the laughter that is flying out of my mouth right now?

Ha.

Ha ha.

Nathan said...

giggle

You crazy used-to-be-edgertonian

Rachel:) said...

Andrea, i died laughing when you told me that story, as you probally remeber!:) Then as i was reading it again today i laughed some more!:) But don;t feel to bad i realized this in my jr. year. So no worries!:)

Brielle said...

Haha. I don't think I've written that many e-mails in my life! :) That's hilarious!!