3.21.2006

my cup overflows

Today was littered with tears yet full of unexpected happiness. All day I struggled with losing out on a great relationship, but everywhere I went, I met up with understanding people who gave me what I needed and more. Hugs and baked potatoes from Mom, Dutch bingo from Dad, conversations with Lauralee and Josh, hug and brownie offer from Hjon, love from Amy, and a good lectio session with Sam, Becca, and Matt involving a little P&W, wonderfully enormous fruit, and funny poop stories. Yes, I'm easily amused.

I do not understand God's ways, or the ways of men (and when I say men, I am being gender specific). But I know that when I'm just about to hit rock bottom, God sends some grace and fills my cup. In my 3.75 years of college, I have experienced more ups and downs than I thought possible. But I'm still alive.

Hallelujah! Grace, like rain, falls down on me.

There's a road ahead; I can feel it. But I'm making headway. Blessings to all.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for shirts is right!

and if you ever need a hug...come find me. I have tons to give that are just for you.

Jihad Hernandez said...

mwah!

Jonathan said...

I miss you too Andrea.
I wish I could have seen you in Jane Eyre--you and your big part.

Take care Granny. You're one tasty lady...

Carolyn said...

life is a rollercoaster. ride hard.

eeesh, that sounded like a nike ad.

Kathlyn D said...

yes, ride hard... maybe?
well, at least i think it is like a rollercoaster. maybe we should just discuss it. yes? what do you think? maybe rollercoaster is literal. is it literal? well... at least there is something metaphoric about that... probably.

Rachel:) said...

I know, blah, blah, they are growing up so fast! I can hardly belive it!:) GREAT JOB At the concert tonight! I loved it!

ann renee. said...

[insert hug here] I love my bar wench.