11.16.2006

red roses on the windowsill; to church we'll ride a sleigh

(my sister & i)

step to the fireside; you've come many miles
look at our jo there; see the way she smiles...

I have to learn #24 before practice tonight. I don't know it. At all.

I called both of my cooperating teachers and my principal in Lynden last night. Talking to them made me very excited to teach out there! I can't wait. But I found out that my second placement is at West Sioux High School, which will be a completely different game...I'm slightly terrified.

I got a flu shot today and now my arm hurts. Ouch.

I have a few things to do before Thanksgiving break. I won't list them because it'd be boring.

My sister is cool. She's older than me, but we're on the same level, G. Right?
This post is all about me. But it's my blog. Hee, hee.

3 comments:

Paul K said...

isn't west sioux where all the kids who fail out of Unity go?

Rachel:) said...

Ok Andrea, here is the deal, the staff is amazing, the kids are really sweet, but there will be an odd kid out who you will want to strangle, but honestly it is nothing you can't handle. Seriously, and i honestly belive that God has his fingers in your placements and that he has put you in that placement for a purpose. If nothing else you will learn that to love all of your students you have to rely on Him daily to fill you with that love. If i have learned anything from this expierinca it is that, that i am nothing with out Christ in me teaching outward. You will do amazing in both your placements! Do not freak out! Seriously it will be fine. I am learning alot from my placement and i really do enjoy it. You will be blessed!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just last night, while I was at the Siouxland Campout, I met a sociologist woman who works at West Sioux. She is in charge of something like "educational equity". I forget. She was very nice, so I can testify that there is at least one nice person at West Sioux. I heard the low-down on the new principal and the other problems/goals that they're in the middle of.