2.07.2007

just my cup o' tea


Sherry treated us to tea this afternoon at Lynden's Cup O' Tea, which is an atmospheric tea shoppe/store. Not only can you have tea in one of 10 or so semi-private alcoves, but you can also wish you had enough money and suitcase space to buy an elegant tea set.
For me, this afternoon tea was a lovely time to wind down after my supervisor visited my classroom today. The lesson I taught went very well, Dr. Vander Plaats had wonderful things to say, and I began to feel like a more competent teacher. Hooray! (Never mind that I completely blew the Bible lesson I taught at the end of the day....)
Huzzah for raspberry tea and scones with Devonshire cream. I even founde myself slipping into a Britishe accent...

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you're starting to feel like the competent teacher that I'm sure you are :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I know those people!

Allison said...

So you have time for raspberry tea scones but no time to talk to your sister? Hmph.

Nathan said...

british-ed!
did you loft your pinkie appropriatly?

Jihad Hernandez said...

Hey Girlie, I completely understand your hesitance to move to California. Believe me.

I hope to move to Downtown San Jose near the University or a slightly hillier area of Silicon Valley called Los Gatos. However, I believe when forced to choose between mountain living and academia, Academia wins.

honeyhair said...

You = a hot teacher.
Are you getting love from senior guys? Goodness knows I am. I have a group of about six of them who have decided to attempt to corrupt me, and it's HOT.

I love the sensation that what you are doing is working, that you can actually teach, that your students don't hate you being up front. It's the best!