2.04.2007

monsieur, lay down your burden

Me on the bridge at Deception Pass (on Whidbey Island)
A view from the top of Mount Erie near Mount Vernon
On Saturday, I drove down to Mount Vernon to spend the day with Jeremy Westra's parents. Sharon drove me around and showed me all the most beautiful sights. We had to brave the Washington sleet, but it was worth it.
Today I procrastinated for half of the afternoon with one of Sharon's books, and tonight I'm scrambling to get my social studies lesson in order. All you elementary ed majors, you would freak out to see me. I've had one English methods class, and that's it. So I'm winging it. But I'm learning a lot about Columbus, Magellan, Juan Ponce de Leon, and Balboa. I'm going to be so smart at the end of this teaching session...
The rain has returned. But it's cozy. Give me three more weeks of it and I may scream, but today it was cozy.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I love your pictures, my friend! Glad to hear you're learning a bit, too! ;)

Paul K said...

Just tell the kids that the Vikings got to America first and blow their minds, then walk off feeling satisfied

Anonymous said...

You look lovely on the bridge, dear girl & the view from Mt. Erie is awesome. Even in the sleet it looks much warmer than NW Iowa at present! You look like you had a marvelous time in Mount Vernon with Sharon -- how thankful I am for old friends.

Blessings~
Mmz

Anonymous said...

No worries, we are still friends. Have you ever known me to care about a sports team for real? I just pretend, so people think that I am smart in things like the superbowl, infact I even watched most of it.
Hope all is well with you. Take Care.

Philip said...

Ahhhh Widbey Island, one of those names I've heard my Mom mention several times but I myself have no connection too.