2.11.2007

one more step

A tribute to Lauralee--because I watched Walk the Line last night and couldn't get your dancing out of my head!

My entire college career has been leading up to this...my full-time week of student teaching. But in reality, it's just one more step in a long line of footprints. Thank goodness we aren't expected to leap across an entire ocean; we just have to take the next step in the right direction. So I am taking tomorrow one class at a time.
I have definitely experienced grace in the classroom. I'm amazed that planning can all fly out the window and God can use me anyway. It's very humbling.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

hope you have a wonderful day! i love your analogy of "one more step in another line of footprints." wonderful, you english person you. hope today was EXCELLENTIFICOUS!!

Nikki said...

indeed, it was a reference a wonderful SNL skit - we had the joke running at camp this summer, and it was only funnier that I rode the short bus...kind of combined jokes, but fun nonetheless ;)

Bexter said...

Andrea darling!
I miss you so much!! 2 more weeks!!

I like your reference to grace in the classroom. You know, I often think about your story about gradeschool and your teacher giving you good things as grace even when you were bad. Grace is a crazy thing.

I have more crazy things to tell you but I can't now, because I want to see your reaction!!