8.16.2007

the closer i get, the farther you run

This Iowa girl lost the milking contest to a city girl! Score: 2 cups to 2.5 cups
Yuanita, Catherine, & Andrea ready to fly!
Ahh, the Northwest Washington Fair. I saw cows, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, bees, flowers, and all kinds of vegetables. It was a good show. I attended with four other girls. Three of us were new to the fair, so the other two had a good time showing us around. Of course, we shelled out six bucks to take a couple of rides as well. The price we pay for fun...
Still working on my classroom. Still getting used to waking up in Lynden. Sometimes it feels like two steps forward, one step back. But I'm still making progress. And there's a bonus. I have a very grandmotherly neighbor who has all sorts of Ebenezer connections, and yesterday she baked me a blackberry pie. Never mind that I don't like pie; I like this one. She's the sweetest old lady ever and I think we will become good friends and neighbors.
So here's to taking two steps forward and one step back!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

mm, that blackberry pie sounds downright tasty! And don't worry, I think I would have lost the milking contest too, had I been in your shoes!

Philip said...

I think your shoes are probably too small for me, so if I had been in your shoes I woulda lost too, but only because I would have been distracted by my tight shoes :).