8.21.2007

ten and counting...

Nope. Not how many days until school starts. This is how many spider bites I found on my left leg yesterday morning. My basement room, although I have made it cozy, is a breeding ground for spiders. I was not sure what the bites were, but my colleagues are thinking a spider had a hayday on my leg. In the meantime, it's red and swollen. Ick.

Days until school starts: 7.5
Number of students who left my class as of yesterday: 2
Number of students enrolled in my class: 21
Relief I feel at having fewer students: 100%
Number of subjects I feel prepared to teach: 0.5
Number of subjects I will be teaching: 6
Number of subjects I will be teaching if you count all the language arts components: 10
Number of times my principal used a fishing analogy at the NWCSI workshop: 8
Number of times I made fun of my principal for using a fishing analogy: 8
Dollar amount my salary dropped after making fun of my principal for using a fishing analogy: $3,000

Just kidding about that last one.

I am ready to have a hectic schedule. At least I won't have as much time to miss people.

7 comments:

Nathan said...

Go teacher dejong!

The NW was lovely, I wanted to stay longer, especially when I came home and it was hot. (i don't think that exists in the NW.
Anyhow, I hope teaching goes well and all
Ralph

Nikki said...

yay, you sound wonderful. I'm glad your salary didn't get dropped...if it had, I would have dropped the school.
have a lovely week. i will call you sometime. promise.

Philip said...

Money doesn't buy happiness, right? So even if you took a pay cut you'd still be just as happy, right?
Ok, I give up, I'm really grasping at straws here...

kara said...

Happy teaching.... fabulous countdown. I miss you!

Kunnari said...

i hate fishing.

Josh said...

Hey Miss De Jong...yep, it's weird, but i like the sound. :) so there's like 3 days til school, eh? sweet! glad to hear you're doing well (besides the redness of your leg...) and i can't wait to hear about how the beginning starts...

Rachel:) said...

sorry about the spider bites! blackberry pie is amazing, two steps forward, one step back, too true my friend. school starts tommorow!i hardly haver tommorow planned, stress sets in.... i hope that you are doing well and not feeling the preasures to much! you are cool:)think of all the fuel we will have to write our childrens book!:)