8.27.2007

going somewhere sometime



Yuanita is quite the wrestler. And this was after we actually wrestled. We were resting instead. I like Yuanita and Jana because they balance craziness and intelligence. Yuanita is crazy, and Jana is intelligent. = ) Hee, hee.

I miss people. I hate being so far from home when most people in Lynden have their entire extended families around. It's beautiful here, but I'm really a midwest girl at heart. I'm not sure I can stay this far away from my family for the rest of my life. Good thing I'm taking it one year at a time. Heck, one hour at a time. Right now, I feel particularly far from home because my Bepa is not doing well. She had a heart attack and a stroke this week, and she's very weak and can't speak (which for her is a rare and sad thing). I miss being with my family during this tough time...

Today has been crazy. We had inservice this morning and then I started outlining some science lessons. I left "briefly" to go to the library and got sidetracked by a FUN package from Frau Nikki and a phone call from Amanda, my dear neighbor to the north. So tonight, I need to eat dinner with Amanda and hang out with her, possibly help Yuanita pack, call Phil, call Mom, figure out a few more things for Day 1 of school...laundry...letters....when did all this stuff pile up? EEEEEK.

Prayers are appreciated. I feel about ready to explode. I miss you all.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I love you! I'm always thinking of you and praying for you - I hope your first day of school tomorrow goes well! Enjoy it :)

Hannah said...

when is day one? Hope it goes well for you or went well if it already happened!
Yeah, it can be tough to be away from family, especially when you feel like you want to be there for someone.
The staff at my school is full of transplants from the Midwest (read, Dordt grads) so at least I don't have to be the only one away from family!
October=Teacher Convention!!!!

Rachel:) said...

praying for you for sure! wanna de-brief on friday?