10.30.2005

perks

And the post-havoc tiredness has set in. The musical was time-consuming and draining, but I also am glad I was part of it. Sometimes I really wonder why I'm still involved in theatre when I hate it so much, but there are a few perks. Perk #1: Being done with the show and remembering what sleep feels like.

Our dinner table seated 11 today: 3 De Jongs, 5 Van Dykens, a Neil, a Heather, and a Trevor. Good times were had by all. We enjoyed lots of food, plus 2 desserts and a rousing game of Apples to Apples. The whole afternoon felt like a family reunion. Yee-hah, Dutchmen!

Word of the day: ecclectic

I shall now flop on the couch at Mom and Dad's and not study for geography.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Slacker!!

Well, not really. I mean, you deserve some down time. I just hope you get enough. I've been rather slacker-like today since I went to a rousing and riotous EVST Halloween party last night, and Teresa and I didn't get home until two (well, it would have been three except for the time change). At any rate, I haven't gotten much done today which is NOT GOOD. But last night was really, really fun. Well. Have an ecclectic evening!

Jihad Hernandez said...

Awwww. I miss the dutch. No, seriously. I'm counting the dollars until I can move to the midwest.

AC said...

Wow, you have such great days. This past Sunday for me consisted of going to a potluck at a church that I don't really like and watching football. So, why do I go to that church? For some reason this is the second time that I have gone to the church and the second time that they had a potluck. Maybe I should only go when they have free food?

Hey, this is your blog, sorry. Umm, yea, the dutch are great. GO DUTCH!!!!