12.04.2005

blessings

For a weekend as sucky as mine was, it ended really well. I spent most of the weekend very angry and upset and annoyed, and sick, too.

All day Saturday, all day Sunday. Angry, upset, annoyed.

But then tonight I had a conversation with my roommate, and I realized how self-centered I am (all the time, but especially this weekend). She had a rough day, and I remembered how important it is to forget about yourself and listen to other people.

This week, I am going to try to sacrifice myself once a day in order to be available for other people. This may or may not be you...be patient.

Insight of the day:

God is over all things,
under all things;
outside all;
within, but not enclosed;
without, but not excluded;
above, but not raised up;
below, but not depressed;
wholly above, presiding;
wholly without, embracing;
wholly within, filling.

~Hildevert of Lavardin

That one's for you, Al.

3 comments:

AC said...

I am glad to hear of this realization. Not that you are self-centered, but that you should be self sacrificing. I try to do that for others and it works out well. I am loving seminary. Finals are this week Thursday and Friday and then the following Tuesday through Thursday. Woohoo.
Have a good week.

Andrea said...

Good luck!

Nikki said...

I love you Andrea - I hope that you succeed in your goals - I know that you can do it!