12.12.2005

wacka, wacka, wacka!

What a perfectly wasteful weekend. Review day is inherently evil, because it only gives me more time to procrastinate and extends the semester further than it should. So here I sit, avoiding studying yet again. I have done about four hours of studying for history, but I could definitely do more. Will I? I only have 2 hours before D-Day (did you notice my wonderful historically allusive metaphor?) It is difficult to focus on Hamiltonian and Jeffersonian values when I think about sleeping in and watching movies and eating Oreo balls...

I realize that I am not a disciplined student. At least, not as disciplined as I used to be. Studying is very difficult for me because I will do anything to avoid thinking about possible test questions. I know, I know, it makes no sense, but I guess that's me! I would give anything to have these next 2 hours be gone so that I could just write the dumb test.

In the spirit of these revelations, a quote from Abe Lincoln:
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."



And now for something completely different.

I found out that I can work up to 60 hours over break! I'm torn...money is good, but I am not looking forward to getting up at 6:30 on cold, dark, winter days. But I need the money for band tour, so God is giving me a wonderful opportunity to work hard for it. And I can hang out with Julie and Nicole and maybe even Joelle. It will be like old times.

Last night, our church had its annual Sunday School Christmas program. This year it was written by 2 of our own high school freshmen girls, and they did a great job. The best part came when Kyle VanderPlaats walked down the aisle wearing a donkey held up by suspenders. Or maybe when Max Hoekstra kept "baaing" in the middle of the stable. I love kids.

Remember Fozzi from Muppet Babies? He was so cool..."Wacka, wacka, wacka!" And that is all my fried and scattered brain can conjure up at this moment in time. Maybe I should change my blog title...

No comments: