12.17.2005

keeping the update updated

Notes on break thus far:

1. Yesterday, I got up very early and accompanied Leah to Omaha with a vanful of Dordt students heading home. The ride was highly entertaining, especially when we roared through a red light, attracting the eyes of many'a driver. And let me just say that Arby's lost out on at least 10 bucks by not opening their doors when our faces were plastered to the glass. McDonald's wins (it's the apocalypse!). Dang little egg and cheese biscuits.

2. I have been watching entirely too much of That 70's Show.

3. My parents like having me live with them again, although they're getting used to saying, "We'll leave the light on for you!"

4. I have to wrap Christmas presents and finish unpacking. Why is it that when I have all the time in the world, I get less done? Time is a funny, annoying, and arbitrary phenomenon.

5. Today I get to babysit my nephews, who are sick during this prime flu & cold season. This is the test, folks...can Andrea hack it?

6. Jazzy Christmas music is the sweetest.

7. My guitar is so out of tune that my ears dove inside my head to avoid the noise (and yes, it could be the player as much as the guitar).

8. Pianos are soothing.

9. In my younger days, I started writing a plethora of cheesy and sappy romance stories, which are very entertaining to read 5, 10, even 12 years later.

10. It's almost 1:00 in the afternoon, and I'm still in my pajamas and slippers.

I feel very lazy. It's a good thing I'm getting put to work over break.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I echo #9 - I've been doing that as well.

Jihad Hernandez said...

I think I might have lied. It has rained many small furry animals from the sky here, and if the furry animals have fallen here, I'm sure there are horses and bovines falling in the Sierras. So I shall not be starting out the day after Christmas. I shall start out the instant the snow begins to let up for the spring. I'm sorry for the false alarm. Lack of monetary funds and a four-wheel drive vehicle prevent me from moving back to my beloved midwest. I will definitely see you in April tho. You can bet your Spring break britches!