3.02.2007

orcas island

A good foreshadowing of the day ahead....
Amidst the wake....
A car eerily appears......


The theme of Al's and my "vacation" so far is "Are you kidding me?"

I'm not sure I can share all the stories, but after an eventful trip from Missoula (see Al's blog), Al arrived safely on Wednesday night around 11. Yesterday I took her to see the Lynden sights, and 20 minutes later, we were on the road. = ) We took a lovely ferry ride from Anacortes out to Orcas Island, and spent 6 interesting hours there. Yes, interesting. We traversed every single road on the island (including the private drives....whoops). For the 6 hours we were on the island, we were in the car for about 5.25 of them.

4 comments:

Paul K said...

no fair. You get to be near water.


iowa sucks. It just pooped several feet of snow on us. RAGGRRULGURGULGul

Nikki said...

hooray, congratulations on wonderful times :) Enjoy these last few days!

Dunkleburger said...

hi andrea, nice photos

Matt said...

So how was Orcas ACTUALLY? I actually was very near orcas very nearly when you were (I was sailed by it on the 3rd... so close enough for some sort of connection I guess!)

Anyway, the reason I ask and want to hear more about your island caper is because I want to roadtrip and camp there when it stops raining. A fellow crew member was saying how nice Orcas was, and how it was his favorite San Juan Island. That was enough for me to have an excuse to go, but I'd love to hear any tips and pointers on where to go and where not to go while there. I mean, it sounds like you went all over!