4.16.2006

rising like the morning sun




Today felt a little weird. After a week of intensely warm and sunny weather, Easter was a cool, rainy day. I don't think I want to complain, because last year it was snowing Easter morning. Usually Easter is my favorite holiday. But this week, I didn't get to go to the Maundy Thursday service, and I played horn for the Good Friday chapel, and I played horn and sang in church this morning. I love playing horn and singing. But it makes losing focus very easy. I feel like I got robbed of Easter because I was too busy thinking about notes to let resurrection and grace sink in. And the church choir did not sing "Jesus is My Morning Sun", which we have sung for the past five years or so on Easter. It's kind of a cheesy Easter song, but I feel the joy when I hear the song. I don't know. How important are feelings and how important is commitment to faith? Can we still appreciate feelings without relying on them to tell us where we stand?

On the other hand, I got all my weekend homework done on Friday. I'm not sure I've ever accomplished that. It made car shopping yesterday much less stressful. After going to 10 different dealerships, I'm ready to kick back and not think about cars. Too many decisions to weigh here. Don't get me wrong, it was fun....especially when Dad and I got stuck in a sea of GMC pickups and SUVs and Dad likened them to the orcs in Lord of the Rings....as in, we were surrounded by evil.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you were surrounded by evil, with no Samwise to save you.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the cheesy Easter song. Our church always sings the Hallelujah chorus on Easter (not cheesy), and I feel more passion during that peice than any other time during the year (atleast in my church). But this year they decided not to sing it. :( The men's chorus sang "Victory in Jesus", but it just wasn't the same...

Nikki said...

i was trying to remember what song it was that we always sing...because I clearly remember Nick Lantinga singing it so well...I love that cheesy lovely song.

rising like the morning sun...jesus is my...morning sun!