4.08.2006

winding down


This picture is from our theatre history course. Last week we had to dress up in romantic and classic costumes (classics on left, romantics on right) and hold a debate on whose style is better. The romantics won, of course.

I can't believe it's April 8 already. In one month, I will be flying to Eastern Europe. Crazy. Spring is definitely here, and with its arrival the motivation goes. The sun is shining through my window right now and the weather is gorgeous! The projects and papers and tests seem so trivial in the face of the cycles of the earth. The world will keep turning whether I write a paper on spina bifida or not.

And it's Passion Week. I feel like Lent comes and goes and I hardly notice. I feel the Passion for about three days, and then the rest of the year, I go about my own business as if it's unrelated to the cross. It's a syndrome. And I want to get rid of it, but I'm not sure where to start.

To all of you who are reading this blog.....Go outside and enjoy the weather!

5 comments:

Kathlyn D said...

thank you, i will.
and i will forget about alice munro and i will forget about e.e. cummings and ezra pound. and i will forget about "the assault"...
at least until i make it home.

Jihad Hernandez said...

Eastern Europa?

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with you in the CAMPUS CENTER, and leaving you a message/comment

TJ

AC said...

So I have been away a long time. It sucks that I couldn't be at Westminster for the Dordt Concert. I left for Chicago at 4pm that day. It was a sad day indeed.

Sam and Darcie Gutierrez said...

dude, my blog is so much better and more interesting than yours...