4.14.2006

summer workin'

After all of my hard work applying to Village Northwest, they didn't realize I was only around for the summer. They wanted to hire me for a year-round position. Eek! I told them I was inquiring about a summer job. I could have saved a lot of work....and gotten a job on maintenance. Now I'm not sure I have a job on maintenance because they chose the crews today. Excuse me, but I have 3 years of experience here. Hopefully they kick out a newbie and give me my job back, because I actually know what I'm doing (and sadly, what I'm doing is maintenance). I should have applied at a camp.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Job frustrations are no fun. :P I'm doing some job searching, too, and I've found a possibility that seems interesting . . . now I just have to apply and see what happens.

I'm sure you'll get a maintenance job--you have too much experience for them NOT to hire you. And hey, it'll be fun in its own way, right?

RIGHT?? :)

Nathan said...

Besides, you may be working with dave and me, which I guess is a bonus

Nikki said...

I'm sorry for the frustration. I hope you still get the maintenance work, even if it isn't your first choice. Besides, Vern loves you, you'll get the job...you've been a supervisor!