11.20.2005

asceticism

Seven and a half hours. On a Saturday. In the library. On one paper. Result? Four and a third pages. More work needed? Yes. But at least I'm very far. I hermitized myself this weekend....Friday I did homework for most of the evening, and yesterday I was in the library from 11 until 6:35. So I dragged Elaine, Phil, and Trevor to Sioux Falls so I could have some insane sanity.

We went to Fuddruckers (I was the only veteran! Unbelievable!) and then spent some wonderful time at Barnes & Noble. I read a little book called 100 Ways to Simplify and Enjoy Your Life or something like that. Of course, everything the author promoted kept me from buying the book (counterproductive for her, but not for me!) I consider my life fairly simple compared to most (I only spent $35 for my senior prom, and that was buying a dress), but I think I can definitely simplify more. And living an ascetic life (even if it's only moderately ascetic) sounds very appealing.

One month until my birthday. Start shopping, folks. (Wait a second.....)

No comments: