11.26.2005

deck the halls

The Christmas tree hunt is over. We spent an appropriate amount of time out on the farm finding two trees (one for us and one for Trav and Tami and family). Landon met a horse and Dillan showed off his knowledge of the traditions, since this was his fifth time out to the tree farm. Landon is six months old today, and completely adorable and happy-go-lucky. When I have a baby, I hope he's as sweet, good-natured, and smiley as Landon.

I finished one paper today and started research on the one I'm dreading. So I thought today was successful. But all this vacation makes me not want to go back to my apartment or to my classes and homework. Eeek. I'm definitely ready for a month-long break without seeing people and dealing with homework/professors. I'm tired of jumping through hoops...I'd rather make my own.

All right, time to enjoy my newly crocheted fuzzy red scarf and sit by our beautifully lit tree. Hooray for coziness.

5 comments:

Jihad Hernandez said...

crap, and the hoops are so lovely this time of year. It sucks. I've had to put my plans of visiting you and other dordt people for Christmas/Janurary on hold because I gotta be in Des Moines on the 7th for Bekkah Shour's wedding. But I'm moving in Late april, maybe I'll catch a glimpse of you as I swing by Sioux Center, and you'll be welcome to come visit and stay with me and karissa all summer!

Andrea said...

Are you guys really moving to the great white north (that is, Minnesota)? That would rock. I'm working at Dordt again this summer, but I will definitely come and bug you for a couple weekends this summer!

Jihad Hernandez said...

HOLLA!!

Andrea said...

BACK!

Nikki said...

GIRL!